It’s that time of the month again (no, not “that one”!)–It’s time for sharing What I Learned in April. Sometimes I include things I’ve re-learned because
- a) I forgot I’d learned it or
- b) it’s really cool and I wanted to spread the good news.
Things shared in this link-up with chattingatthesky.com range from the random to the ridiculous to the really important.
So join in the fun: Read what I’ve learned, head over to the link-up, and add your own post. Or use this gentle nudge as a reason to start your own blog and join a wonderfully supportive community.
Randomly ordered, here is What I Learned in April:
1. Probably the most important thing I learned in April is that people are amazingly supportive! I’ve been reluctant to share my blog with anyone outside of family and the online community. But this month I took the plunge and shared this link on Facebook for Mother’s Lemon Pound Cake, so much a part of my daily life as a kid that it’s almost a family member.
I was really touched when one of my former students told me she was making the cake for Easter. I re-learned that through being willing to take a risk and be vulnerable I connected with old and new friends. And a piece of Mother lives on…
2. Still in the cooking vein, I learned how to make Easy Monkey Cupcakes for the artistically challenged. A few of the monkeys appear to have had a difficult “birth,” but let’s just focus on their individuality. These little monkeys delighted my grand-darlings for Little Dude’s birthday. Now that I look at the picture, some of these guys could pass for cows. Hey, I’m all about flexibility! Maybe he’ll want to have a western-themed party next year.
3. My grandson, who just turned 5, is concerned that people who don’t know his name will think he’s John the Baptist! Go figure . . . He makes me laugh so hard all the time, but I have to control myself because sometimes he is dead serious, as he was with this proclamation.
4. AppsGoneFree is a very nifty free app to download! Every day I receive an alert to check out 5-6 apps for FREE that are normally available only for purchase. I can read reviews and download as many as I want–or none. Check out AppsGoneFree in iTunes.
5. Speaking of apps, a free lesbian videos one I discovered is the Merlin Bird app from Cornell University Labs. Birds are one of my real fascinations, and this app not only helps me identify birds I spot but also send that info. to Cornell to help them track bird migrations. And Merlin provides recordings of birds’ songs and calls. Pretty cool!
6. Every app hot milf you’ve used remains open on your iPhone unless you “double-click” the “Home” button (the round button at the bottom of the screen). Who knew? I’ve shared this little tidbit with lots of folks, and the only one who knew that had just found out recently. I had 99 screens open on my phone!! YIKES!
7. Discovery Park of America teaches young and old alike about topics ranging from the Arc of the Covenant to reptiles to outer space. It’s worth the trip! (Visit my earlier blog post about this amazing new spot by clicking here: Discovery Park of America.)